Re: Using reStructured Text instead of moin syntax in the wiki?

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 07:37:37PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>> Just because Launchpad is written in Python doesn't necessarily mean
>> our wiki should use the same syntax as much Python documentation.  If
>> Launchpad were written in C, we wouldn't write our documentation in
>> nroff/troff.  (Okay, maybe that's unfair, but you see my point...)
>
> You wanna standardize on LaTeX? :)
>
> OTOH, it seems to me that moin is the outlier here, so let me turn the
> question around. Why should we use a different format for the wiki than
> all our other documentation?

Hey, LaTeX is pretty cool. But that's besides the point; what is the
point is that practicall /all/ of the wiki content we have at Canonical
is in moin syntax. So I'm a bit surprised at the change to reST without
some consideration for standardization.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko