Re: Using reStructured Text instead of moin syntax in the wiki?

Hi Barry,

У нед, 13. 09 2009. у 19:37 -0400, Barry Warsaw пише:

> OTOH, it seems to me that moin is the outlier here, so let me turn the
> question around. Why should we use a different format for the wiki
> than all our other documentation?

Because that format might have more suitable and more expressive syntax
for what we try to use the wiki for?

I.e.

https://dev.launchpad.net/VersionThreeDotO/Translations

is not the kind of layout I'd care to see in our code documentation.
It's not exactly straightforward to achieve with MoinMoin syntax, but
it's possible.  With rst, it'd be harder, if at all possible (including
color coding).

Oh yes, we are doing this in a wiki because we are lacking better tools
for this, but as long as we are using a wiki (and we will be for the
foreseeable future, for many different things), we should use what works
best for our purpose.

(I was looking at [1] as a reference: is that a good place to start in
the first place? where is the documentation for the syntax as supported
by moinmoin software we are running?)

Cheers,
Danilo

[1]http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/rst/restructuredtext.html