Re: Couple problems in the new person-index page

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Guilherme Salgado
<salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First, when email addresses or jabber IDs are too long, they don't get
> wrapped even if I use fmt:break-long-words (which adds <wbr>s every few
> characters).  Is there anything we could do about that other than
> leaving a whole row for email/jabber there?

I'd have to look at the HTML to figure out why it's not wrapping, but
I think I'd favor having enough space to accommodate a long email
address without wrapping, which will look funky.

> The second one is not a big deal, but we have duplicate links to all
> facets of that person (i.e. the links on the Participation menu on the
> right are identical to the application tabs on that page). Do we really
> want that?

As for this, well, I don't know what else could be interesting to have
there. The duplication doesn't bother me, and it adds some consistency
to the design, so I'd rather have it duplicated than not have it at
all.
That said, I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else has a better
idea of what to do about it.

--
Martin