Launchpad 3.0 homepage

Hello fellow Launchpadians,

The end of our 3.0 cycle is approaching, and one of the bug pieces
missing from the puzzle is a home page refresh.
I've taken a few hours to sketch out something we can work on, and
split it into 2, one for logged in users, and one for the ones who
aren't. I think we want to take the approach more and more, where
logged in users see something different, as they usually have
different needs.
I'm on leave until next week, so I've also uploaded[1] the balsamiq[2]
source files so anyone can tinker with them as the discussion goes on.
Once I start work again full speed on Monday, I will be sprinting for
2 weeks, so it's unlikely I will be able to HTMLize this, so I'll need
a volunteer to do so and land the branch  :)

Non logged in user:
http://people.canonical.com/~beuno/lp-home-3.0/launchpad-home.png

Logged in user:
http://people.canonical.com/~beuno/lp-home-3.0/launchpad-home-logged-in.png