Re: BuildEngineer and ReleaseManagerRotation

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Sep 17, 2009, at 6:45 PM, Michael Hudson wrote:
>
>> I think the way we've got it set up is actually about right; four weeks
>> is long enough to get stuff done but not so long as to become
>> overwhelming, and rotating the position around should both allow people
>> to focus on different areas regularly (for example, I've mostly been
>> working on buildbot/ec2test rather than say on making the test suite
>> faster) and also to spread the knowledge of how these things work and
>> how to change them around the team.
>
> It would be helpful/interesting to get weekly reports about what the BE
> is interested in and working on.
>
> -Barry

A retrospective then for my stint:

Week 1: Documenting buildbot setup, adding build forcing
Week 2: Investigating ways to streamline buildbot, including upgrading
to an upstream release, some ec2test refactoring, jscheck builder
Week 3: more ec2test refactoring, making --headless faster and adding a
way to make a new ec2test image really easily.
Week 4: likely more ec2test stuff, maybe a public ec2test image, would
be nice to get to having the buildmaster provide more configuration to
the slaves

Cheers,
mwh