Re: Branch index, Bug index, and the registering slot

On Sep 23, 2009, at 7:20 AM, Henning Eggers wrote:

The fix includes *not* using the registering slot, so maybe there is a
bug in the template that needs fixing. But I don't see any mention of
that on the RolloutBlockers page[4] where I think it belongs.

The bugs index page[5] solves this by placing this information between
the heading and the bread crumbs which is non-conformant to 3.0 UI
standards.

So I believe one of two things must happen before the roll-out:
* Fix the registering slot to not interfere with the page heading and
update the bug index page to use the slot.
* Fix both the branch index and the bug index page as I have indicated
by moving the cretor/reporter information under the bread crumbs.

I hope I am not the only one bothered by this.

You're not (I think I brought this up in one of the reviews I did last week), and I think you have a nice visual solution to the problem. Martin will have to comment on any heresy involved.

I think this should still go in the registering slot, but that slot should be fixed to allow for long headings.

-Barry