Re: Launchpad Homepage 3.0

I think the new page looks great, but there are some more things we should fix:

* if you're in the beta team, the (now redundant?) 'disable
redirection' popup appears apparently in the middle of the header and
looks bad

* The "get started" text begins "If you're ready, you can: Read the
user guide", and I have to say that reading the manual for a web site
is not absolutely the most exciting proposition I've had all year.
Let's lead off with something genuinely interesting.  (I realize "what
do you do first" is a complex question, but I think mentioning "start
a project" deserves to be first even if most users won't do it first.)

And on every other page but the home page, the useful global search
box has disappeared to the page footer and I really wish it would come
back.  The top right is standard, and I suspect it's a useful crutch
when people can't work out how else to navigate.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>