Re: ANN: utilities/retest.py

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 26, 2009, at 8:57 AM, Brad Crittenden wrote:
>
>> I've added a simple but handy script called 'retest.py' to utilities.
>>  Feed it the output from a failed test run and it will re-run just the
>> failed tests, including the proper handling of dependent stories.
>>
>> Here is a typical scenario:
>>
>> % bin/test -vvm lp.registry | tee test.out
>
> This is very cool Brad.  I wonder if we should make the equivalent of the
> above the default though.  I.e. hack bin/test to always output to test.out?

Agreed, it's very cool.

It makes me feel a little guilty for letting our subunit integration
get out of date.
    https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~jml/launchpad/subunit-fixes/+merge/12457

With that patch applied, you can get a list of failing tests with:
    ./bin/test --subunit <<whatever>> | subunit-filter
--no-passthrough | subunit-ls > test.list

And then run them with:
    ./bin/test --load-list test.list

jml