Re: [Branch ~launchpad-pqm/launchpad/devel] Rev 9596: [r=barry][ui=rs][bug=114710] It is now always possible to comment on

On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 11:39 -0300, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 03:20:55PM +0100, Gavin Panella wrote:
> > There are six buttons that can appear underneath the comment
> > box. Different combinations are shown according to the question
> > state. I don't think there's ever a situation where all buttons appear
> > at the same time though.
> >
> > Most of the time a person trying to answer questions (e.g. CHR) will
> > see the three buttons appear as you describe above. However, I moved
> > the comment button to the rightmost of *all 6* buttons. These are now,
> > in order:
> >
> >   Add Answer
> >   Problem Solved
> >   Add Information Request
> >   I'm Providing More Information
> >   I Still Need an Answer
> >   Add Comment
> >
> > I wondered if you always wanted "Add Comment" to appear after all the
> > others, whatever buttons are displayed, or if you wanted it to appear
>
> I think that makes the most sense. "Just make a comment" (or "Just add
> a comment") is really meant to be an alernative to all the action
> buttons, right?

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-answers/+bug/114710
^ I made trivial change to allow the Add comment action always appear.
The work involved to make this land is to update the tests and stories
to explain why we want the comment action always available.

I believe it was removed years ago because users were co-opting solved
questions. Subsequent UI changes were made to encourage users to ask
their own question because co-option was still a problem.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/