Re: Problems with make run on Karmic

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 07:23:55 +0100
Graham Binns <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2009/10/7 Bjorn Tillenius <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 07:11:12AM +0100, Graham Binns wrote:
> >> ImportError: No module named psycopg2
> >> make: *** [initscript-stop] Error 1
> >>
> >> Any ideas? I've reinstalled launchpad-developer-dependencies and so
> >> far, no dice.
> >
> > Do you have launchpad-database-dependencies installed?
>
> Yes.
>
> However, never fear, for I have fixed it... by forcibly reinstalling
> psycopg2. It looks as though something failed during the initial
> launchpad-developer-dependencies install, but it was sufficiently
> quiet that I didn't notice.

It would be nice if we could move all of these Python deps into
buildout. Indeed, I think that's the plan.

However, for a personal project, I noticed that, despite ample love,
promises of wealth, incredulity, anger and threatening behaviour,
psycopg2 would not install using buildout alone. I had to set up a
virtualenv, run buildout within it, and use a pip recipe:

[psycopg2]
recipe = gp.recipe.pip
virtualenv = .
install =
    psycopg2

(I think I could also have used easy_install within the virtualenv, but
I still wanted buildout to wrap the installation process as much as
possible.)