Re: Proposal: Week-long Community Help Rotation

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Maris Fogels
<maris.fogels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09-10-06 10:25 AM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
>>
>> Most of you probably know that Launchpad has a system in place called
>> "Community Help Rotation". The idea is that the Canonical Launchpad
>> devs each take a turn at being the front-line support for Launchpad
>> itself. This guarantees that support requests get dealt with, and also
>> that Canonical Launchpad developers are regularly grounded in the same
>> reality as our users.
>>
>> This proposal suggests that we change the Community Help Rotation time
>> slot from being one day per developer per month to one-two weeks per
>> developer per year.
>>

> Awesome idea, +1
>

>> Any questions?
>>
>> jml
>>

> When will we check back on the process to see how well it is meeting it's
> stated goals, and improve it?

Oops. I was thinking this really loudly but didn't actually type it out.

After six weeks. That is, November 23rd.

> There is a great method from Lean and Project Management called
> Plan-Do-Check-Act, or PDCA for short.  The mail lays out 'P' and 'D' very
> well, it just needs 'C' ('A' comes later).

Presumably they distinguish between doing and acting in some way
hitherto unknown to the wider English speaking community?

jml