Re: Call for Suggestions: Making it easier to start hacking on Launchpad

On Wed Oct 07 15:05:08 +0100 2009 Stuart Bishop wrote:
> Write a fully scripted install that turns a minimally installed hardy or karmic
> box into a Launchpad development environment.

How is this different to the rf-setup script? Just that it works from a known
state and so is less likely to go wrong?

> Developers can download and boot the virtual machine.

Of all the free software projects I have ever hacked on this would be the
first that had suggested that I use a VM to do it.

Not that it is necessarily a terrible idea, but isn't there something that
can be done that doesn't require running essentially a whole new machine
to hack on Launchpad?

Thanks,

James