Re: Call for Suggestions: Making it easier to start hacking on Launchpad

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2009/10/8 Stuart Bishop <stuart.bishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
They usually are (its even the default for Ubuntu packages like PostgreSQL).
The well known ports are the problem - we don't have a way of starting
services on random unused ports and communicating that information to tests.
There is nothing on my list that can't be solved, its just a matter of
actually doing the work of fixing the fixtures and updating the tests and
setup documentation.

My point is, if they listen on 127.0.0.99 and not on the wildcard or
127.0.0.1 then it doesn't matter that they're using the standard port
number?  Or does it?

No idea - worth a try. There will still be things to fix, but less so.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/