Re: "launchpad-committers" team?

2009/10/12 Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Karl, should we have a closed team that is for canonical Launchpad devs plus
> the community members who have signed the committer agreements?  That would
> facilitate having shared branches to which everyone can commit, like the one
> we are using for the Python 2.5/2.6 sprint.  Maybe the team would be useful
> for other purposes?

+1 here too; good idea.

Maybe call 'launchpad-mergers' (or 'launchpad-pushers'?  heh) to avoid
further confusion around the term "commit" in relation DVCSs.  Formally,
we call those agreements "contributor agreements"; maybe
'launchpad-signed-contributors'?  It's long, but it communicates what's
actually going on.

Graham Binns:
> Couldn't we also use the team to populate PQM's list of allowed GPG
> keys with a bit of API tomfoolery?

I don't know if PQM's list of allowed keys is reachable/modifiable via
the API, but if it's not, it could be.  Maintaining it automatically
would be a win.

Let's all find each other in IRC tomorrow and try to set up the team and
maybe the PQM authn automation (I'd do it now, but you're more familiar
with the intricacies of team semantics than I am, so I'd like to
coordinate).

-Karl