Re: Including test dependencies in our package releases

On Oct 14, 2009, at 4:25 AM, James Westby wrote:

Ubuntu is currently shipping lazr.restfulclient with its tests disabled,
becuase its testsuite requires lazr.restful, and as you hint elsewhere
in your mail the latter has a rather large dependency list.

It's the one complaint I've fairly consistently heard about lazr.restful. I've done several presentations on the package (and have proposed to do one at Pycon 2010) and it's generally very well received...except for the dependency issue.

I don't think it's lazr.restful's fault though. I mean why do the Zope dependencies end up requiring ZODB3 for Guido's sake?!

-Barry