Re: Bug page polish

On Thu Oct 22 10:05:51 +0100 2009 Jonathan Lange wrote:
> Another approach would be to somehow intelligently highlight comments
> that come from people trusted within that "project".

Yes, that would be useful for other reasons as well. (For instance long
bug threads where you can quickly scan for what are most likely to be
useful comments).

GNOME bugzilla (and possibly others) do this. They add things like
[reporter] and [$project developer] after the user's name.

It may also be useful when communicating with bug commenters from
outside the project, so that they can tell when something is an
“official” statement and when something is conjecture from someone
outside the project.

It would also neatly solve my original problem. I'll leave it up to
you to work out how to identify trusted people.

Thanks,

James