Launchpad: The next six months -- in detail!

Hello Launchpadders,

You might remember an email I sent out last week (or was it the week
before last?) outlining the general direction of Launchpad development
for the next six months. By popular request, I blogged about it and
put it up on the dev wiki:
https://dev.launchpad.net/VersionFourDotO/Themes

Now, I want to talk about specific stories within those high-level
themes. But rather than pasting them all here, I'll give you the link
to the wiki...

    https://dev.launchpad.net/VersionFourDotO/Stories

and talk a little more about how we're going to use these "stories".

The stories that just have one number are supposed to be really high
level. The ones that have two numbers (e.g. "1.4") are a little more
detailed, and often map more closely to an actual feature. Soon, the
Canonical Launchpad teams will be going through these stories and
breaking them down into smaller chunks that are easier to think about
& estimate.

They aren't written in granite. They are meant to be discussion
points: a way to focus conversations about the development that we're
doing.

If you're interested in Launchpad development in any way, please look
at the page:

    https://dev.launchpad.net/VersionFourDotO/Stories

and add your thoughts, questions and comments. If the whole story
thing seems unconvincing to you, please feel free to discuss it here.

jml