Re: [RFC] More details for merge proposals shown on bugs and branches (long)

Tim Penhey wrote:
[...]
> I propose showing the completed and pending reviews under the line summarising
> the proposal, and also having the approver/rejecter available as tool tips.
>
>   Rejected for merging into lp:launchpad
>       Jonathan Lange: Approve (code)
>       Stuart Bishop: Reject (db)
>       Diff: 773 lines

This sounds great to me.

In addition to the simple line count, I think I would like to see the
added/removed line count, and the number of changed files.  e.g.:

    Diff: 773 lines (+333/-222), 5 files changed

That gives me a better feel for the complexity of a change than just a line
count of the unified diff.

[...]
> * The diff should hyperlink to the diff itself
>   - I'd like to have a form overlay lazy loaded with the diff if the user left
> clicks

+1

[...]
> So, on this page we'd see:
>   lp:~mwhudson/twisted/fix-FILEXFER_ATTR_ACMODTIME
>   Approved for merging into lp:~launchpad-pqm/twisted/trunk
>     Tim Penhey: Approve
>     Diff: 12 lines
>
> With the same links as on the branch page, including being able to see the diff
> in a form overlay.

This also sounds great.

I wonder a little about bugs that go through a long series of rejected
proposals... will listing them all be too much clutter.  Perhaps if superseded
proposals aren't listed that's plenty.  Anyway, we can deal with this later, if
it ever becomes a problem.

-Andrew.