Dogfooding Launchpad for real (or, new tag: "lp-dogfood")

Hello Launchpadders,

One thing we talked about at the team lead sprint a few weeks back was
what would it take to dogfood Launchpad for real. The result of the
discussion was that it would be a fair chunk of work and wouldn't
deliver much of value to most of our users.

With my Product Strategist hat on, I agree.

But let's just say that I didn't agree. Well, then I'd write an email
an awful lot like this:

= The problem =

Launchpad has a project group called 'launchpad-project' and many
subprojects, one for each team or component (depending on how you want
to slice it). Examples include malone, soyuz and launchpad-code.
However, there's really only one project, 'launchpad', which has its
code in one place.

The reasons we don't just have one project, AIUI, are:
  * too hard for teams to manage their bugs -- too much clutter
  * ummmm...

But there are all sorts of negative consequences from us going against
the grain of Launchpad's design:
  * the dupe finder works poorly
  * milestones and series are harder to manage overall, since they
have to be duplicated
  * confusing for users and new developers
  * it's somewhat inauthentic

= The Solution =

Apparently we can't just switch. I don't know the reasons why not, but
I assume that apart from inertia and what-not, that they are all bugs.

Thus, I propose that those who know what the blockers are either find
or file the appropriate bugs and mark them with the 'lp-dogfood' tag.

Then we'll have a clear picture of the work involved, and maybe some
people will work on them during their bare-headed hours.

CCing mpt, since I suspect he'll be able to rattle off the relevant
bugs off the top of his head.

jml

Follow ups