Launchpad 3.1.10 rescheduled for 2009-11-05 09.00 UTC

Hi Launchpad devs,

Although everything is looking great for the release (our last db-devel
buildbot run is about to finish) after some deliberation we've decided
to delay the release by 24hrs, tentatively rescheduling for Thursday 5th
November at 09.00UTC (we still need to confirm availability of someone
in the datacentre for part of the upgraded process).

The reason is that we have not yet sent out an announcement of the
downtime (and currently still cannot send it out), and have potentially
90mins of full downtime (no read access due to some upgrades for the
librarian). So going ahead with todays planned schedule would be unfair
to our users.

I've updated the status at:

http://identi.ca/launchpadstatus

and drafted an announcement email:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/309127/

but we will probably not be able to send it out until around 09.00 today
(I will try sending it now, but I assume it'll be caught in a moderation
queue that we can't access until the right people are around).

I've also updated the release-manager wiki page to ensure that this will
 always be checked in week 3:

https://dev.launchpad.net/PolicyAndProcess/ReleaseManagerRotation

The good news is that this gives us a great opportunity to QA those
remaining items on staging and ensure 3.1.10 is a very stable release!
I'm sorry to disrupt any planning that's been made around the release
schedule.

Cheers,
Michael

--