Re: Proposed schema changes to support generic jobs on the Soyuz build farm

Julian Edwards wrote:
>> Does job_type indicate whether it is a BuildPackageJob,
>> BuildPackageRecipeJob or BuildTranslationsJob?  Or would it be a subtype?
>
> Yes, it would contain an enum which lists all job types possible for the build
> farm.

Gotcha.  That's slightly different from the way BranchJobs and
BranchMergeProposalJobs work.  For them, the job_type indicates a
subtype, e.g. UpdatePreviewDiff.  All BranchMergeProposalJobs use the
same table, whether they are UpdatePreviewDiffJobs or
MergeProposalCreatedJobs.  They just store different data in the
json_data column.

Our original proposal was closer to yours, but we ended up with this
design because of concerns about creating a new table for every new job
type.

Aaron