Re: Immediate plan for Build Farm generic jobs

Julian Edwards wrote:
>> Separately, we need to decide where a recipe lives.  The current
>> thinking is
>> "https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/some-package/+recipe/recipe-name";
>> which seems OK to me (we'd have to trust a bit that this recipe would
>> build a recipe for some-package in karmic, but that doesn't seem any
>> different to say branches today).
>
> I don't think this is good for a few reasons:
>  * The URL is too long
>  * The traversal would fail for a recipe where a source package doesn't exist yet
>  * The recipe is tied to a series.  Recipes should be independent of a
> series.
>  * Why have more than one recipe for one package?
>
> My suggestion is:
> /<distro>/+recipe/packagename

Meh.  So it turns out some of my assumptions are wrong.

Recipes will be merging debian packaging branches, which are
series-specific.  So the recipe automatically becomes series-specific.

Also, Jono just told me we want more than one recipe for a package
(daily build, daily with bug fixes, betas etc)

However, my second point still stands.  We need to traverse to a recipe
before the source package exists.

Perhaps:
/distro/series/+recipe/packagename/name

Another thing to consider is the owner.  Do we want to make that part of
the key data you need to resolve a single recipe?