Re: Fwd: Results of Loggerhead Bug Investigation

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Francis J. Lacoste
       So the question for this issue is--what level would you like me to
address it on? If you'd like me to simply work on the revision graph
issue, I could do that within the current architecture of loggerhead and
devise a fix. Probably the simplest would be to just place a mutex
around building a revision graph for any one branch. However, that may
not fix the actual *performance* problems seen with codebrowse, it just
might make hangs less likely. A more general approach to loggerhead's
scalability would result in a fix for this and also for any performance
issues that loggerhead sees in the Launchpad environment. A quick search

We could use a mutex or limit the number of simultaneous requests the load balancer sends the backend (or both). Even if building the revision graph is amazingly fast, we still need this as the failure can still occur under sufficient load.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/