Value-stream mapping

Hello,

For those of you I have not yet met, I am Brian Fromme.  I have taken over Joey Stanford's job
on the Launchpad team.  I look forward to meeting you on-line and in person, when that opportunity
arises.

I have been looking into the Launchpad development practices.  As you may know, we employ a
lean-method approach to our process improvement.  As such, we measure some of the development
projects' flow efficiencies by creating value-stream maps.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_stream_mapping

Now is an excellent time for our teams to measure specific activities to look for possible
improvements.  As part of that process, I'll be collecting data and documenting our results.

You can find a description of our value-stream mapping efforts here:

https://dev.launchpad.net/PolicyAndProcess/Metrics/VSM

 thanks,
  Brian

Follow ups