Re: Value-stream mapping

Brian Fromme wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For those of you I have not yet met, I am Brian Fromme.  I have taken over Joey Stanford's job
> on the Launchpad team.  I look forward to meeting you on-line and in person, when that opportunity
> arises.

Hi Brian,

Welcome!

> I have been looking into the Launchpad development practices.  As you may know, we employ a
> lean-method approach to our process improvement.

We do. LEAN rocks. Has anyone read Mary & Tom's latest book[1]? I
ordered a copy last week but it will be a few weeks before it arrives in
this distant land. :-(

Beyond LEAN and Agile though, we've also got "open source" thrown in
there and all that implies: distributed, community contributions, etc.
Mixing LEAN/Agile with open-source is the next big process wave IMNSHO.
I really ought to dust off CASG[2] and refresh it with my latest
thinking sometime soon. Input very welcome. Maybe I'll do that over
Christmas if I'm not hacking on bzr GUIs then.

> Now is an excellent time for our teams to measure specific activities to look for possible
> improvements.  As part of that process, I'll be collecting data and documenting our results.
>
> You can find a description of our value-stream mapping efforts here:
>
> https://dev.launchpad.net/PolicyAndProcess/Metrics/VSM

Thanks for the link and good luck in your new role.

Ian C.

[1] http://www.poppendieck.com/llsd.htm
[2] http://ianclatworthy.wordpress.com/community-agile/