Re: RFC: UI to show reviewer not subscribed.

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Tim Penhey <tim.penhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-code/+bug/375218
>
> We want an obvious way to show that the reviewer (or the branch owner if the
> reviewer is not set) is not subscribed to get code review emails.
>
> I've attached a proposal screenshot to the bug (just done with editing the
> page using firebug).

That's a fantastic lightweight approach at mockups!

> Comments?

I love the idea.
I'm not sure about introducing a new UI pattern, especially something
so prominent.
Three things come to mind while looking at this:
1) I'd like to be able to do something about it from there (or at
least a link to where I can)
2) Why not just display a shorter message next to the team?  "Ubuntu
Gnome Team (/\ not subscribed to code reviews)"
3) Is it really a persistent warning?  (as opposed to a one time warning)

--
Martin