Re: dpkg backport required for 3.0 support in Hardy

William Grant wrote:
> These backports will be required in the ~launchpad PPA and the EC2
> images (as the test suite verifies 3.0 behaviour), and on at least
> cocoplum (Ubuntu ftpmaster), germanium (PPA ftpmaster) and iron (gina).

Once the packages are in backports, I can file an RT request and have
them installed appropriately.  We only care about the latest release and
the most recent LTS, so I don't expect we need to worry about
backporting to anywhere other than hardy.

I'm not sure why you need the packages in the PPA though?

I don't know anything about EC2 images; if they don't do an "apt-get
upgrade" before running then yes, I guess they will need fixing.

> All buildds except hppa need these too, but a fix for bug #476036 would
> remove that requirement

I will also file an RT for this; Lamont can sort that out I guess.

> How would I best go about arranging this, preferably with minimal
> sysadmin heart attacks?

Leave it to me! :)

When do you expect the packages to show up in hardy-backports?

Thanks for working on this!