dpkg backport required for 3.0 support in Hardy

Hi all,

In order to support the new 3.0 (quilt) and 3.0 (native) Debian source
formats, every LP host that uses dpkg-source needs to have a very recent
version of dpkg. >= Karmic is fine, but older releases will need a
backport of at least dpkg 1.14.27[1].

I've taken the Jaunty version (based on 1.14.24), merged 1.14.27, and
backported it to Hardy. A new po4a and devscripts are required on Hardy
as well. All these are in my experimental PPA[2], and I've run the test
suite with them on both Hardy and Jaunty.

These backports will be required in the ~launchpad PPA and the EC2
images (as the test suite verifies 3.0 behaviour), and on at least
cocoplum (Ubuntu ftpmaster), germanium (PPA ftpmaster) and iron (gina).

All buildds except hppa need these too, but a fix for bug #476036 would
remove that requirement.

How would I best go about arranging this, preferably with minimal
sysadmin heart attacks?

[1] Currently awaiting processing into stable-proposed-updates
(http://release.debian.org/proposed-updates/stable.html)
[2] https://launchpad.net/~wgrant/+archive/experimental

Follow ups