Re: Import policy violations

I've seen these too.

On Nov 25, 2009, at 12:34 PM, Aaron Bentley wrote:

There were 2 imports of names not appearing in the __all__.
You should not import domain_match from cookielib:
   canonical.launchpad.webapp.session

domain_match is not documented as a public function, and it is not listed in cookielib's __all__. Arguably we shouldn't be importing this, but it's darn useful so importfascist should jut shut up about it.

You should not import mktime_tz from email.Utils:
   canonical.launchpad.database.message

mktime_tz is documented as a public function but it does not appear in the module's __all__. This is probably a bug in Python (2.5, 2.6, and 2.7). I'm about to commit a fix for 2.6 and 2.7.

For now, we should just shut importfascist up about it.

-Barry