Re: Code review comment tweaks

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:19:28 +1300
Tim Penhey <tim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The "no-js" image shows what the page renders like without javascript enabled.
> This allows the user to still comment and review if they have no javascript
> from the main code review page.
>
> The "initial" image is what the form looks like initially.
>
> The "review" image shows what the form looks like if the user clicks the
> "show review fields".
>
> Comments?

I think these mockups look great.  It makes sense to hide the review stuff by
default.  I know there's an open bug where people don't realize that they
don't have to vote to comment, so this would probably fix that bug, and make
the form less scary in the process.

I think one of the big things I personally took away from the last Lazr-js
sprint is that we really need to focus more on progressive enhancement, so the
tal should generate the no-js markup, and the comment widget should take care
of the logic to turn that markup into the js versions.

Cheers,
Paul