Re: process experiment proposal - move all our bugs to launchpad.net/launchpad

On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 23:55 +0200, Bjorn Tillenius wrote:

> > The experiment would be a success if it becomes easier to see the
> > overall launchpad bug priorities / more awareness of other subteam
> > priorities and issues.
>
> Just a quick question before I go to sleep. Why do we have to move the
> bugs? That's rather disruptive, and not easily undone, and will cause
> some confusion.

Its easy to do and undo! Seriously, it is.
for project in projects:
 for bug in project.bugs:
   if bug not in launchpadproject.bugs:
      output_bug()
      move_bug()

> Why not simply use /launchpad-project instead? The bugs are already
> there, providing a view across all projects. From your success criteria
> it sounds like focusing on /launchpad-project would be enough, making
> the experiment more lightweight to execute.

Two reasons - Launchpad isn't equally functional at the project-group
scope, (e.g. series are not visible there). Secondly, we wouldn't get as
much feedback if folk can individually opt-out rather than saying 'hey
it really isn't working for me'.

-Rob