Re: First cut at recipe db-schema patch

2009/11/27 Tim Penhey <tim@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 22:05:14 Jonathan Lange wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 2:02 AM, Michael Hudson

>> > I think we should keep the name in the url.
>>
>> name, yes. I also think we should have the owner.
>
> I really don't see the point of adding the owner into the traversal.  Having
> the owner as part of the traversal does complicate the traversal somewhat, and
> adds another part that I'm not sure adds a huge amount of value.
>
> How many recipes are we really likely to have per package?  If there were
> going to be a considerable amount then perhaps having the owner name in the
> traversal would help, but for a small number I'm not really sure it adds a
> huge amount.

Adding the owner would be a bit consistent with bzr branches, to which
these have some resemblence.  However, I think putting the owner into
the branch name has been a bit mixed, because there are important
cases where people want to change the access rightly without changing
the name.  Therefore on the whole I'd argue for leaving it out, and
having an owner field that can be changed later.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>