Re: process experiment proposal - move all our bugs to launchpad.net/launchpad

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 09:54:39AM +0000, Julian Edwards wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 December 2009 08:17:57 Bjorn Tillenius wrote:
> > Why is it silly? 'ui' I can understand, it's way way too broad, or at
> > least the way we've used it is silly, since it basically meant that a
> > bug needed some ui changes, which a lot of bugs do.
>
> From the wiki page https://dev.launchpad.net/LaunchpadBugTags
>
> ui - "Involves only template and/or browser code"
>
> I find this a useful distinction, but maybe that's because Soyuz doesn't have
> many ui bugs compared to the rest.

Yeah, it could be that it makes more sense for Soyuz. But still, you
usually don't know that it involves only template and/or browser code,
before you actually start coding. It often happens that something that
is done in browser code today, is better to have in model code, so you
end up moving the code, and the tag is now incorrect.

Also, what do you use the tag for? Do you ever look at look at the list
of ui bugs? Why? In what way does the ui bugs make sense as a group of
bugs?

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt