Re: Regarding Email Notifications.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Brett Cornwall <brettcornwall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1)Stop sending dupe email notifications

I think this may be the right thing to do, although it will mean that
duped bugs may get less attention.

> 2)Stop sending email notifications of any activity that I myself put towards
> LP (I already know I reported a bug!)

This has been debated quite a few times. I personally hate getting
email about stuff I do, but many people use email for almost
everything, so they need everything recorded there.
IMHO, it's a bad default.

> 3)Have the ability to opt out of description and title changes (but not
> status changes)

We'd have to think about how we go into this level of granularity, and
how it applies elsewhere in Launchpad. Many times, title and
description changes are more important than status changes (ie, it's a
different bug, so the title is changed).
There seems to be a lot of irritation from notification about small
insignificant changes done by random people, especially from bugs in
Ubuntu, although my general feeling is that most of the irritation can
be appeased by just letting people opt-out of certain bugmail (today,
if you're part of a team that is subscribed to a project, you will get
all the email whether you want it or not).

--
Martin