Re: Regarding Email Notifications.

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 12:23:26 -0500
Brett Cornwall <brettcornwall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 3)Have the ability to opt out of description and title changes (but
> not status changes)

This adds complexity to implementation of Launchpad and to the user
interacting with Launchpad. I think that's why Launchpad tries not to
get in the way, and relies on the fact that advanced users are able to
set up their own mail filters.

Having said that, as an "advanced" user, I'd like Launchpad to do more
of the filtering for me, though still quite coarse-grained, like
"Basic", "Detailed" and "Everything". My gut feeling is that this
should be a global setting.

And every message from Launchpad should have a link to a page where
I can configure my email options. Bug messages are good at telling you
why you're getting mail, but not how to do something about it.

Gavin.