Re: Feature Spec Process

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Francis J. Lacoste <
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On December 11, 2009, Brian Fromme wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a modified version of the Ubuntu Feature Spec Process tailored
> >  Launchpad development?  Or, do we still pretty much do it this way?
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeatureSpecifications
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SpecLifeCycle
> >

> There aren't. We stopped using specifications a while ago for change
> proposal.
> The closest thing that replaced them are the user stories, but we don't
> write
> them consistently, and we don't have any formal process around them.
>
> That's something we'll need to define.

It's a bit of a dream (and so probably not much use), but here's a video I
did a while back showing how I'd love to be able to specify and run our
launchpad stories as we develop new features.

http://micknelson.wordpress.com/2009/05/20/outside-in-development-on-ubuntu/