Re: Can we drop 'ssh' from launchpad-developer-dependencies?

Tim Penhey wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 02:33:43 Guilherme Salgado wrote:
>> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/495454
>>
>> If not, can we just replace it with openssh-client?
>
> I defer to Michael.
>
> Michael, can we remove the dependency?

The dependency was added in this change:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~launchpad-committers/meta-lp-deps/trunk/revision/17

(from 19 Nov 2007).  It's not clear to me from the linked bug
(https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/meta-lp-deps/+bug/154413, "Add pylint,
ssh and libxml2-utils to the dependencies") exactly why ssh needed to be
added.  I see no reason in bin/lint.sh to require ssh.

It's possible that the cscvs tests require a sshd to be installed -- but
I don't think so.

The codehosting tests connect over ssh but they use paramiko on the
client side and conch on the server.

Looks like the dependency can be removed to me.

Cheers,
mwh