idea: show permissions in the web ui

There have been a few things in the last day where people said (in
bugs or mail) "I don't have permission to do X in Launchpad and I
can't work out how to get it."

In practice I guess they ask a Launchpad expert, so it's perhaps not
the most urgent problem.

However I was wondering if we could do something systematic that would
fix this for many cases.  Launchpad has a systematic definition of
security permissions.  As a thought experiment, suppose when a person
doesn't have permission to use a particular control or page, we showed
the repr of the security interface that controls it, rather than just
hiding it.  Then if that said for instance
"EditTeamByTeamOwnerOrTeamAdminsOrAdmins" (omg what a mouthful) it
would at least give a clue, and that could eventually evolve to show
you who the team owner and admins and system admins are, and how you
might change this.  Perhaps this could visually just be a little lock
with the tooltip showing the explanation.  Perhaps some discretion is
needed to do this only on particularly relevant controls, not
everything.

What do you think?

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>