Re: Using a signal to switch to read-only mode

2010/1/6 Stuart Bishop <stuart.bishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Er, which database? Wouldn't that make the whole "read-only" thing a
>> little more problematic (i.e. how do you switch out of read-only when
>> you're checking a DB that's not writable)?
>
> We got off topic and are discussing banner notifications. Nothing to do with
> read only mode except a better way to inform users if it is impending.

Doing banner notifications through ajax to a static server would be quite cute.

It seems quite likely you want to be able to set or change banner
notifications while lp is readonly.  Wouldn't that be a problem with
storing them there?

Perhaps storing them in a file is an easier way to get started?  The
feature has been wanted but stalled for a long time, and it seemed to
me this might shortcut some of the hard parts.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>