Re: Tired of running utilities/link-external-sourcecode manually?

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 05:15:13PM -0500, Curtis Hovey wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 11:02 +1300, Bjorn Tillenius wrote:
> > Are you also tired of always having to run
> > utilities/link-external-sourcecode manually when creating new branch?
> > Well, you don't have to do it anymore. If you make sure that the
> > LP_SOURCEDEPS_PATH environment variable is set to something like
> > ~/canonical/launchpad/trunk/sourcecode (where sourcecode contains
> > populated download-cache and eggs directories), 'make' will
> > automatically run utilities/link-external-sourcecode
> > $LP_SOURCEDEPS_PATH/..' for you.
>
> No. I have not done this in years since I my own script to make each
> branch.

I'd say that if you need a script to make a branch, something is broken.

> > I chose to use LP_SOURCEDEPS_PATH which points to the sourcecode/
> > directory, since that's what rocketfuel-get uses, so it should be
> > possible to share the variable between the scripts. If something doesn't
> > work for you, feel free to fix it!
>
> But barry setup LP_SOURCEDEPS_DIR and that is what rocketfuel uses. Why
> do in need to add another env var that is the same location?

Well, rocketfuel-get uses LP_SOURCEDEPS_PATH, so it need to be set up
somehow if you use that script. I wanted to use LP_SOURCEDEPS_DIR
actually, but it's not an absolute path, it's relative to the
LP_PROJECT_ROOT variable. I didn't want to depend on two variables; but
I'm open to improvements to make it work more easily for everyone.

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt