Re: OK, I'm stumped

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:03:16 +1300
Tim Penhey <tim.penhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a branch that just modifies some javascript.
>
> lp:~thumper/launchpad/js-play
>
> I'm trying to land this on devel, but it fails 42 windmill tests running
> through ec2 (I'm pretty sure this is all of them).
>
> However the tests pass locally.

I'm willing to bet they are the same ones that are failing on me in ec2.  It
fails on all sorts of commands, including client.asserts.assertProperty and
client.waits.forElement. They also fail locally, unless I run the tests with
bin/test -D, and then they don't fail.  That's the real pisser.  It indicates
to me that there's a timing issue on tests, and my change just changed the
timing issue. I'm tempted to just land this branch. None of the tests are tests
that touch code that I've touched and I'm also stumped.

I'm not convinced that our Windmill tests are really ready to block landings.

Cheers,
Paul