Re: OK, I'm stumped

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 13:58 -0600, Deryck Hodge wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Paul Hummer <paul.hummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:38:35 -0500
> > Maris Fogels <maris.fogels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Assuming that all of these problems are related to the magic 512Kb number
> >> that Björn hit, then merging this branch should fix it:
> >>
> >>    lp:~mars/launchpad/unroll-mochikit
> >>
> >> To try this branch just make a new child branch of your current work, merge
> >> the MochiKit unroll branch, then run ec2 on the result.  Hopefully it should
> >> pass.
> >>
> >> If everything looks good then we can land this fix.
> >
> > Sure enough, that fixed it.  I've reviewed your branch, merged it with mine,
> > and landed it.
> >
> > This is, however, a temporary solution.  Our javascript is going to very soon
> > spill back over that 512K limit again and freak Windmill out.  I'd like to
> > volunteer to be a build engineer and work closely with Bjorn to get it figured
> > out.  When is the next build engineer opening available?  I'm sure I could do
> > some good using a whole cycle to focus on making windmill not suck.
> >

> Is the combo loader still a possibility?  What happened to that?

The combo loader didn't work well for us because most of our pages have
multiple YUI.use() calls and YUI will issue a separate request to the
combo loader for every one of them.  That means the time we save by
downloading less data is wasted in setting up the connections for the
extra requests.

--
Guilherme Salgado <salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>