Re: OK, I'm stumped

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Guilherme Salgado
<salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 10:58 -0200, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>> >
>> > The combo loader didn't work well for us because most of our pages have
>> > multiple YUI.use() calls and YUI will issue a separate request to the
>> > combo loader for every one of them.  That means the time we save by
>> > downloading less data is wasted in setting up the connections for the
>> > extra requests.
>>
>> Didn't Dav Glass suggest a way to work around this?
>
> He did, but IIRC it involved mocking some of YUI's internals as the
> framework was not designed to work the way we expected, so we thought it
> was best to not pursue that any further.

I wonder if there isn't some other work around we could pursue?  Maybe
it would be worth restricting ourselves to one YUI.use per page unless
there is really, really, really no other way. :-)

I would imagine we will end up going with some kind of loader anyway
when we hit this 500k problem again.  At worst, that ends up being a
human splitting the files out and only loading certain files for
certain pages via hand coding script tags.  Seems a shame we can't
find some way to use YUI's solution to this.

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge