Creating releases also update the status of bugs

Dear rocket scientists, Launchpad contributors, and any user who has
ever had to register a release.

I have made a significant change to what happens when a release is
registered. After 10.01's code is rolled into production, the release
managers for the respective Launchpad projects can create a release to
automatically update all fix committed bugs to fix released. The
assigned engineer will get the karma, and the release manager is listed
in bug history.

This behaviour is true for all registered launchpad projects.

There are some additional changes that may interest you.

You will not get a warning that the milestone was deactivated because
the form to create a release allows you to keep it active. If you are
creating a release, but expect to target some bugs misplaced bugs to the
milestone afterwards, you can choose to keep the milestone active. You
can alway change the milestone status from the Change details link.

The date expected field is replaced by the date release in the UI [1].

There are some subtle changes the milestone/release page. The text
wrapping of milestone assignees was changed to make it easier to see how
many items a person is working on [2]. Bugs are sorted by their status
by default. Upstarted bugs are first, completed bugs are last. If you
squint, you can image that the listing is a burn-down chart.

[1] There are already two bugs regarding the date released should be
pre-populated with now or the expected date. If someone does not provide
a branch to solve this contradiction, I will one day.

[2] I have a heuristic to calculate team velocity and milestone capacity
to tell release managers if they can meet their goals. I have not
implemented it yet because we are seeing terrible performance issues in
the Python code that creates the counts in the activities portlet (and
series page). We need to solve this issue before making the milestone
page do more work.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/