Re: Backing out the release and close bugs feature

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/1/28 Curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hi Matt, rocket scientists, et al.
>>
>> We need to remove the section automatically mark bugs as fix released
>> section. I am near tears as remove the feature from the code.
>
> That sounded like a good feature, though I was surprised to hear about
> it.  Not that you have tell me in particular of course, but I just try
> to follow development and never heard of it on the lists before it
> released.

AIUI, Curtis did this work in his spare time. One of the benefits of
being a free software project is that you'll occasionally get pleasant
surprises.

> I thought Launchpad had decided to remove the fix released/fix
> committed distinction, rather than adding this feature?
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/163694>

We have, but no one has done any actual _work_ toward it, nor have the
addressed some of the outstanding questions. Curtis' change makes
existing functionality substantially better, and it's also done.

I think this is very much a case of good being better than perfect.

jml