Re: (spurious?) Failure on ec2: test_pottery_detect_intltool

Am 02.02.2010 18:03, Guilherme Salgado schrieb:
> And it only fails when running the full test suite -- if I tell ec2test
> to run just the failing test, it passes.
>
> On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 14:46 -0200, Guilherme Salgado wrote:
>> I've tried to run lp:~salgado/launchpad/bug-515494 twice through ec2 and
>> got identical failures on test_pottery_detect_intltool[1], which I can't
>> reproduce locally.
>>
>> It seems to be failing because of a missing /usr/bin/intltool-update.
>> Does anybody have any idea what's going on there?

Here is what's going on: I created a new ec2 image to include the new
launchpad-developer-dependencies that pull in intltool. The new image
has the number 114. In order for everybody else to be able to use my
image I had to add my account to the list of valid accounts. That change
went in together with the code that depended on the new image. Your
local devel branch was not up-to-date, so ec2test did not use my new
image while it still branched the latest devel to run the tests on.

Solution: merge the latest devel and all is well. ;-) ec2test should now
be using image 114.

Background info on how to update the image for ec2:
https://dev.launchpad.net/EC2Test/Image

Henning