Re: Test suite hanging under xvfb-run

Robert Collins wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 14:09 +0000, Bjorn Tillenius wrote:
>

>>> It's not tragic, because I can use a VNC server instead, but it worries
>>> me that our test suite and xvfb-run can so easily stop working together.
>> s/xvfb-run/any external dependency/. We have a lot of problems with the
>> test suite stop working between Ubuntu releases.
>
> Can I suggest a test job in buildbot that just reports on the status in
> the development Ubuntu version. Forewarned == four armed, etc.

It's not buildbot, but it's fairly easy to run the tests on EC2 against
a newer version of Ubuntu, you just run "./utilites/ec2 test -m
based-on:$ami" where $ami is a blank ami of the desired distro series
that lets you log in as root with the key pair you provide when you
launch the instance...

... which is actually a slight problem, as both the official AMIs and
the recent ones produced by Eric Hammond let you log in as 'ubuntu', a
user with passwordless sudo with the keys you provide on instance
launch.  But it shouldn't be hard to fix the code to match this.

Cheers,
mwh