Re: adding PIL 1.1.7 to launchpad-developer-dependencies

On 05/02/10 01:54, Michael Hudson wrote:
Edwin Grubbs wrote:
Hi,

PIL will be used for the new script for generating the combined sprite
image from the individual image files. python-imaging 1.1.7 provides
much better PNG compression than previous versions, and it is already
packaged for lucid. I want to add it to the launchpad PPA and then to
launchpad-developer-dependencies.

Will the results of combining the images be checked into the tree, or
something 'make build' does?  If the latter, PIL will need to be in
launchpad-dependencies, not launchpad-developer-dependencies.

Is it still necessary to have launchpad-developer-dependencies support
jaunty, or can I just backport PIL to hardy and karmic? If jaunty is
no longer supported, I can also remove the other packages for it in
the PPA and update the wiki.

launchpad-developer-dependencies was uninstallable on Jaunty for a few
months until just a few minutes ago I think, and noone complained...

OK, so maybe it really is obsolete now :-)

Leave it up until the next issue with it arises? Delete it now? I don't really mind.

Either way, there are now PIL 1.1.7 packages for hardy jaunty and karmic queued in ~maxb/+archive/launchpad ready for copying across pending a conclusion in this thread.

Max.