Re: RFC on build from branch UI

> So yes, I agree that it'd be great to send manifests to the buildd
> rather than recipes (as it guarantees what will be produced), and I
> assume we can do this as the only missing information would be the tip
> revision which we have in the db (IBranch.last_mirrored_id?),
> although, are other calculated revisionspec's allowed for branches in
> a recipe? (ie. last:3) If so, then I guess we can't calculate the
> manifest to send to the buildd?
>
> Maybe Michael H. can confirm? If it is something we can do, I'll
> create a bug for it too.

It would be hard to do it in the appserver, though there are always
ways, but doing it in the buildd-manager seems possible.  I guess by
specifying dotted revnos and so on you can make generating the manifest
fairly expensive and so risk slowing things down... but not much more
than everything else in this system (I mean OO.org is almost DoS in
itself :-p)

Cheers,
mwh