Re: Different email addresses with community-contributions.py .

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 1:29 AM, Karl Fogel <karl.fogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jamal, you beat me to the fix.  Nice! :-)
>
> Bug https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-foundations/+bug/436862
> is about the fact that the community-contributions.py script wouldn't
> recognize the same person when they commit using different email addrs.
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~launchpad-pqm/launchpad/devel/revision/10285<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Elaunchpad-pqm/launchpad/devel/revision/10285>
> (your commit) fixes this.

Well, my bug searching skills are definitely lacking. I tried to find a bug
about the issue before I started working on this. In all honesty, I should
have tried reporting a bug before hand as someone smarter than me would have
noticed that it is a duplicate. Nonetheless, I am glad you found my commit
and didn't have to duplicate the work. I hope the method I took to merge
these was appropriate. If not, feel free to make it better.

> I've mentioned that in the bug, which I've now marked "fix committed".
> We'll still need to keep the map up-to-date, of course.  Note that
> LaMont Jones appears twice on https://dev.launchpad.net/Contributions
> right now, but that will be fixed as soon as I land
>

> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~kfogel/launchpad/cc-script-2010-01-28-updates/+merge/18183<https://code.edge.launchpad.net/%7Ekfogel/launchpad/cc-script-2010-01-28-updates/+merge/18183>

I'll try to keep an eye on it and keep it updated, but it should hopefully
be very easy to add new names. Maybe one day this could somehow integrate
accounts with launchpad, but I'm not even sure if that is exactly possible.

Thanks!

Jamal